- Bangalore Fort
Bangalore Fort began in 1537 as a mud fort. The builder was Kempe Gowda I, a vassal of the Vijayanagar Empire the founder of Bengaluru, now Bengaluru. in 1761 replaced the mud fort with a stone fort. The army of the British East India Company, led by Lord Cornwallis on 21 March 1791 captured the fort in the Siege Of Bengaluru during the Third Mysore war (1790–1792). At the time the fort was a stronghold for Tipu Sultan. Today, the fort’s Delhi gate, on Krishnarajendra Road, and two bastions are the primary remains of the fort. A marble plaque commemorates the spot where the British breached fort’s wall, leading to its capture. The old fort area also includes Tipu Sultan’s Summer, and his armory. The fort has provided the setting for the treasure hunt in the book Riddle Of The Seventh Stone it is best tourist place for families
Location: Krishna Rajendra Rd, New Tharagupet, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560002
2. Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace
Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, in Bangalore, Karnataka, is an example of Indo-Islamic architecture and was the summer residence of the Mysore ruler Tipu Sultan. Hyder Ali commenced its construction within the walls of the Bangalore Fort, and it was completed during the reign of Tipu Sultan in 1791. After Tipu Sultan’s death in the Fourth anglo-Mysuru War, the British Administration used the palace for its secretariat before moving to Attara Kacheri in 1868. Today the government of Karnataka maintains the palace, which is located at the center of Old Bangalore near the Kalasipalyam bus stand, as a tourist spot.
Location: Tippu Sultan Palace Rd, Chamrajpet, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560018
3. Bangalore Palace
The property was purchased from Rev. Garrett in 1873 at a cost of Rs. 40,000 by the British Guardians of the minor Maharaja Chamarajendra was using his personal funds. They were in charge of his education and administrative training to ready him to take charge over his reign in 1881 AD. As the young Maharaja did not have a suitable place to stay during his training in Bengaluru, this property was purchased and transformed.
Construction of a palace building was started in April 1874 and completed by 1878. Mr. Cameron of Lalbagh did the landscaping.
Many additions and improvements were carried out in subsequent years. In the later years, Maharaja Jayachamaraja Wadiyar added some portions outside of Durbar Hall e.g. the twin external staircase and platform for musicians. [
The palace has a floor area of 45,000 sft, and grounds of 454 acres (183 ha)
4. Devanahalli Fort
Devanahalli Fort is located 35 kilometers (22 mi) north of Bangalore city, at Devanahalli in the State of Karnataka, India
It was originally built in 1501 by Mallabaire gowda, which remained in the hands of his descendants until the mid–eighteenth century. In 1749, the then Dalwai of Mysore, Nanjarajaiah, attacked the fort and occupied it. Later, the fort passed into the hands of Hyder Ali and subsequently tipu Sultan. In 1791, :Lord Cornwallis laid Siege to the fort and took possession during the Anglo Mysore War.
5. Bangalore Aquarium
Bangalore Aquarium, also called as Government Aquarium, is the second largest Aquarium in India. It is located at the entrance of Cubbon Park in Bangalore, India, and was established in 1983. It has a varieties of exotic cultivable as well as ornamental fish on display. It is very near to vishweshwarayya museum. The aquarium is administered by the Karnataka State Government Department of Fisheries. It best tourist place for childrens
Location: Kasturba Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
6. ISKCON Temple Bangalore
Hare Krishna Hill is the hillock on which this temple is situated. ISKCON Bangalore is a charitable society with the objective of propagating Krishna Consciousness all over the world, as explained by Srila Prabhupada, whose teachings are based on Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam.
It is also called as sri radha Krishna Temple in kannada it is called as sri radha Krishna mandir
Location: Hare Krishna Hill, Chord Rd, Rajaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560010
7. Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple
This cave temple dedicated to Shiva in Bengaluru is a well visited temple. Built in the 16th century AD by Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bengaluru, Temple Gavi Gangadhareshwara is an architectural marvel that attracts the faithful by the hordes. One of the oldest temples in Bengaluru, Gavi Gangadhareshwara temple was built by Kempe Gowda in recognition after being released from prison of five years by Rama Raya. There are other idols inside idol Agnimurthi including having two heads, seven hands and three legs. Those who worship this deity believe will cure one of the defects of the eye. The temple is also known for its four monolithic pillars, representing damuru, Trishul and two fans on the patio.
Location: Gavipura, Kempegowda Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560019
8. Halasuru Someshwara Temple, Bangalore
In the “Gazetter of Mysore” (1887), Benjamin Lewis Rice describes a legend behind the consecration of the temple. Kempe Gowda, while on a hunt, rode far away from his capital Yalahanka. Being tired, he rested under a tree and fell asleep. The local deity Someshwara appeared to him in a dream and said him to build a temple in his honor using buried treasure. In return the chieftain would receive divine favor. Kempe Gowda found the treasure and dutifully completed the temple. It is very famous temple in ulsoor many hindus get married in the temple
Location : Ulsoor