- Cubbon Park
Cubbon Park is like a breath of fresh air in the bustling city of Bangalore. The 300-acre park, brimming with greenery and tranquillity, is a great pick for a fun outing with the family or a leisurely stroll with that special someone. It is also a treasure trove of biodiversity with about 6000 trees and plants, representing almost 100 species.
- Location: Kasturba Road, Behind High Court of Karnataka Ambedkar Veedhi, Sampangi Rama Nagara, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
- Entry Fee: N/A
- Timings: Morning till evening
- Nearest Metro Station/Bus Stand: Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Station Vidhana Soudha Metro Station (75 metres)
2. Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Bangalore
Lalbagh Botanical Garden traces its origin to the 1760s, when the then ruler of Mysore, Hyder Ali initiated the development of 40 acres of land as a private garden for the royal family. What you see today is a result of constant expansion and development carried out by Tipu Sultan, the British and other regional rulers over the years. People love it as it offers a respite from the fast-paced life Bangalore is synonymous with.
- Location: Mavalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004
- Entry Fee: ₹10
- Timings: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Nearest Metro Station/Bus Stand: Lalbagh (220 metres)
3. Bannerghatta National Park, Bangalore
Bangalore may house many beasts of the IT industry, but the area surrounding it is home to the real creatures of the wild. Situated in the outskirts of the city is Bannerghatta National Park, where you get the chance to capture the fascinating wildlife of the region from up-close. Elephants, leopards, sambars, wild boars and sloth bears are among the animals that you can come across here.
- Location: Bannerghatta Main Rd, Bannerughatta, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560083
- Entry Fee: ₹ 40-80 (Zoo), ₹ 20-30 (Butterfly Park), ₹ 150-280 (Safari)
- Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Nearest Metro Station/Bus Stand: Safari Rides Bus Stand (180 metres)
4. Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta, Bangalore
Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta, located 70 km south of Bangalore, is one of the most popular hiking spots in the area. About 3780 ft. high, this hill houses a temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy and is covered with dense shrubs. Elephants and other medium-sized wild-life animals can be spotted in these forests. And the view from the top is absolutely delightful!
- Entry Fee: N/A
- Timings: Sunrise to sunset
- Nearest Metro Station/Bus Stand: KSRTC Bus Stand Kanakapura (16.4 km)
5. Freedom Park, Bangalore
Freedom Park in Bangalore is spread over an area of 21 acres and occupies the same site where once stood the Central Jail. A glimpse of the past can be seen in the centre of the park, where lies the tower that was used to observe prisoners. Water Fountain, Jail Museum, Sculpture court, Book Museum and People Courtyard are other attractions here.
- Location: Seshadri Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560009
- Entry Fee: N/A
- Timings: 5 am to 8:30 am and 4 pm to 8 pm
- Nearest Metro Station: Kempegowda Stn., Majestic (2.1 km)
6. Lumbini Gardens, Bangalore
Lumbini Gardens is one of its kind attractions in the city, Lumbini Gardens attracts plenty of visitors every day owing to its serene environment and verdant landscape. The park, situated on the banks of Nagawara Lake, is perfect for a day-out with family as it boasts a kids’ park, amusement rides, wave pool, boating club, beautiful fountains, a 1.5 km-long walking path and a food stall to enjoy delectable fare.
- Location : Nagavara, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560024
- Entry Fee: INR 50 (adults and kids aged 3 years and above); Free (kids below 3 years)
- Timings: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Nearest Metro Station/Bus Stand: Kanaka Nagar Bus Stand (1.7 km)